Posted by : amakong2 Thứ Bảy, 21 tháng 5, 2016

EXERCISES FOR HIGH SCHOOL GRADUATION EXAMINATION CONDITIONAL SENTENCES EXERCISE 1 : 1. You could make better progress if you……………………………( attend ) class regularly. 2. If I……………………………( know ) his telephone number, I’d give it to you. 3. If you……………………………( arrive ) ten minutes earlier, you would have got a seat. 4. He could get a job easily if he……………………………( have ) a degree. 5. I shouldn’t have believed it if I……………………………( not see ) it with own eyes. 6. Henry talks to his dog as if it……………………………( understand ) him. 7. If they had left the house earlier, they……………………………( no, be ) so late getting to the airport that they could not check their baggage. 8. If I finish the dress before Saturday, I……………………………( give ) it to my sister for her birthday. 9. If I had seen the movie, I……………………………( tell ) you about it last night. 10. If you……………………………( be ) a millionaire, how would you spend your time? EXERCISE 2 : 1. If John paid his debts, people……………………………( respect ) him more. 2. If I ……………………………( own ) an automobile, I would take a trip to California. 3. If she……………………………( work ) harder, she would probably get a better salary. 4. If I……………………………( find ) the book, I shall give it to you. 5. If you……………………………( turn ) out the light, we shall be in the dark. 6. If you……………………………( save ) your money, you will be able to go on a vacation. 7. He might get fat if he……………………………( stop ) smoking. 8. What you……………………………( do ) if you found a burglar in your house? 9. If she……………………………( not hurry ), she may be late. 10. If I……………………………( try ) again, I think that I would have succeeded. EXERCISE 3 : 1. Water……………………………( not run ) downhill if there were not gravity. 2. If I tell you a secret, you……………………………( promise ) not to tell it to anyone else? 3. I……………………………( accept ) if they invite me to the party. 4. If we (receive).......................... the news sooner, we would have written to George. 5. I’m sure they (give)......................... Ellen the information if they had it. 6. We are going to buy the furniture if we (borrow)......................... some money. 7. What you (do)......................... if you (be)...................... a millionaire ? 8. If you (not understand).......................... the instruction, read them again. 9. Fred (not do)......................... it unless he had your permission. 10. I (not believe)............................... it unless I had seen it with my own eyes. 11 EXERCISES FOR HIGH SCHOOL GRADUATION EXAMINATION PREPOSITIONS EXERCISE 1 : 1. I’m not familiar .............. his name, but his face seems familiar .............. me. 2. You must be responsible ............... what you have done. 3. Fred is capable .............. doing better work than he is doing at present. 4. Ken was proud .............. his good marks on the English test. 5. My plan is similar .............. yours, but it is different .............. hers. 6. I’m good .............. English, but bad .............. mathematics. 7. My teacher is very good .............. us. 8. Jogging is very good .............. our health. 9. I just feel sorry .............. you and everyone is surprised .............. that. 10. I’m sorry .............. that. EXERCISE 2 : 1. The alarm clock went .............. at six o’clock. 2. Time goes .............. quickly on holidays. 3. Put .............. your coat when you go out. 4. Tom is a very careful pupil. He always goes .............. his paper before handing it in. 5. I picked .............. her handbag .............. mistake. 6. I’ve heard such a lot .............. him that I’m looking forward .............. seeing him. 7. summer holiday is coming. We are all excited .............. going .............. a long trip .............. the South. 8. It’s hard .............. me to get used .............. foreign food. 9. .............. summer I often play football .............. the afternoon. 10. Tomorrow he will leave .............. Hanoi .............. plane. EXERCISE 3 : 1. The train arrives .............. the station .............. HCM City .............. 10 a.m. 2. “ The call of the wild “ was .............. Jack London. 3. Don’t be .............. such a hurry. 4. A man usually takes .............. his hat when he is introduced .............. a woman or a girl .............. the street. 5. Smoking is harmful .............. to our health. 6. Everyone is aware .............. air pollution. 7. This building belongs .............. those who live .............. it. 8. The house is crowded .............. people. 9. Our teacher is very kind .............. us. 10. It is very kind .............. you to help me. EXERCISE 4 : 1. She was not successful .............. her job. 2. He died .............. the age .............. eighty. 3. Put .............. your cigarette, please. I don’t like the smell .............. your tobacco. 12 EXERCISES FOR HIGH SCHOOL GRADUATION EXAMINATION 4. If you don’t know what a word means, you can look it .............. in a dictionary. 5. I often suffer .............. a bad back. 6. You can rely .............. me. 7. She insisted .............. knowing what happened. 8. I think Celia is very angry .............. me. 9. He’s really ashamed .............. what he did. 10. London is full .............. tourists .............. the moment. EXERCISE 5 : 1. The house consists .............. five rooms. 2. That girl is accustomed .............. living in comfort. 3. They have put .............. the meeting until Friday. 4. I don’t want to take part .............. any more activities. 5. She is famous .............. her intelligence. 6. I’m tired .............. boiled eggs. 7. It’s contrary .............. our custom. 8. He has been absent .............. school very often lately. 9. Our country is rich .............. oil. 10. This song is very popular .............. teenagers. 13 EXERCISES FOR HIGH SCHOOL GRADUATION EXAMINATION SENTENCE TRANSFORMATION. EXERCISE 1 : 1. Tom hasn’t played football for two months.  It is two months since Tom played football.  The last time Tom played football was two months ago. 2. I haven’t seen my father for one month.  It is ..........................................................  The last time..................................................... 3. The last time I saw him was three months ago.  It is ...................................................................  I haven’t .......................................................... 4. I have never read this book before.  It’s the first time I have ever read this book. 5. I haven’t seen that man here before.  It’s the first time .................................................. 6. I’ve never met such a famous singer before.  It’s the first time .................................................. 7. I haven’t played football since 1990.  The last time I played football was in 1990. 8. We have seen Tom since he moved to Britain.  We last saw Tom when he moved to Britain. 9. I haven’t heard from him since August.  The last time I .................................................... 10. I haven’t seen him since I was a student.  I last ........................................................ EXERCISE 2 : 1. Tom began playing the piano 2 years ago.  Tom has been playing the piano for 2 years. 2. He started working for this factory a year ago.  He has ......................................................... 3. My sister began studying English 6 months ago.  My sister has ................................................ 4. She typed the letter in 20 minutes.  It took her 20 minutes to type the letter. 5. I spend two hours studying my lesson.  It takes ............................................. 6. I walk to my office in 10 minutes.  It takes .......................................... 7. The flight to Hanoi lasted 3 hours. 14 EXERCISES FOR HIGH SCHOOL GRADUATION EXAMINATION  It took .............................................. 8. He had breakfast in 10 minutes.  It took ....................................... 9. It hasn’t rained for a fortnight.  It is ......................................................  The last time .............................................. 10. I have never been to Ha Long Bay before.  It’s the first time ............................................. EXERCISE 3 : 1. I don’t play the guitar as well as him.  He plays the guitar better than me. 2. This exercise is more difficult than that one.  That exercise is not as difficult as this one. 3. He can’t play football as well as me.  He can play football less well than me. 4. Susan isn’t as good at chemistry as Mary.  Mary is ....................................................  Susan is less ............................................. 5. Iron is harder than stone.  Stone is ........................................ 6. Noone in the class can study better than John.  John can ..................................................... 7. Tom asked me,” What is her name ?”  Tom asked me what her name was. 8. Her husband said,” Did you meet your friends last night ? “  Her husband asked her ..................................... 9. The nurse said to Mary,” How old is your son ?”  The nurse asked Mary ........................................... 10. He asked me, “ When will you meet her ?”  He asked me ........................................... EXERCISE 4 : 1. The weather was very bad. We couldn’t go on a picnic.  The weather was too bad for us to go on a picnic.  The weather was so bad that we couldn’t go on a picnic .  It was such bad weather that we couldn’t go on a picnic. 2. Alice is very young. She can’t stay at home alone.  Alice is too young to stay at home alone.  Alice is so young that she can’t stay at home alone. 3. That chair isn’t strong. We can’t stand on it.  That chair isn’t strong enough for us to stand on. 15 EXERCISES FOR HIGH SCHOOL GRADUATION EXAMINATION 4. I’m not strong. I can’t lift this box.  I’m not strong enough to lift this box. 5. I’m very busy. I can’t talk to you.  I’m too ...........................................  I’m so ............................................. 6. The food was very hot. We couldn’t eat it.  The food was too ................................................  The food was so ..................................................  It was such .......................................................... 7. This shirt is very small. I can’t wear it.  This shirt is too .......................................  This shirt is so .........................................  It is such .................................................. 8. He is hungry. He can eat three cakes.  He is so ..............................................  He is hungry enough ........................................ 9. The wind was strong. It blew my hat off.  The wind was so ...............................................  It was such ........................................................  The wind was ..................................................... 10. You speak very fast. I can’t hear anything.  You speak so ..............................................  You speak too ............................................. EXERCISE 5 : 1. Learning English is easy.  It is easy to learn English. 2. Doing the same work every day is boring.  It is ...................................................... 3. He thinks it is interesting to do that work.  He thinks doing ....................................... 4. Do you think making friends is easy ?  Do you think it is ............................................. ? 5. He didn’t go to school because he was sick.  He didn’t go to school because of his sickness. 6. Although the traffic was bad, he came to school on time.  In spite of the bad traffic, he came to school on time. 7. He got a cold because he went out in the rain.  He got a cold because of his going out in the rain. 8. They live happily because they are very successful.  They live happily because of ................................... 16

Leave a Reply

Subscribe to Posts | Subscribe to Comments

- Copyright © Chia sẻ tài liệu - Blogger Templates - Powered by Blogger - Designed by Johanes Djogan -